Friday, March 27, 2009

Our Story Twister

You may have noticed I haven't posted in a few weeks and while that is not altogether unusual my reason this time is once again computer problems. Rob is still working out the bugs in our new system so I don't have access to all my really cute pictures of the boys. In the mean time, I'll entertain you with yet another comical quote from Mr. Toby. Keep in mind that Toby has a talent for taking quotes and concepts from stories he's read and infusing them into his conversations. This one is a bit long but stay with me.

Tonight after we tucked the boys in, it wasn't long before we heard voices and rustling coming over the monitor. As I entered the room I heard Toby conk his head on the wall as he dove for the pillow!

"What were you doing, Toby?" I asked.

"Headstanding" he replied, knowing full well this is a forbidden activity. I told him to lay down and wait for me as I needed to lay Levi back down. When I finished re-tucking in Levi I went over to deal with Toby.

He tells me, "first you have to sniff my bum."

"What?"

"You have to sniff out my bum first."

"What?"

"Like Scooby does for Freddy and Daphne to find the honey. You have to sniff out my bum before you can spank it."

Amazingly, I managed to not howl with laughter or completely lose it until after I'd dealt with our little headstanding story twister and left the room!

No comments: